Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Blogtember: A September blog challenge

"If you could take three months off from your current life and do anything in the world, what would you do?" 
As part of this self imposed blog writing gig, I read other blogs for ideas, inspiration, challenges and general interest. A friend was telling me about this "Blobtember" Challenge  posted by "story of my life" blog where every day for the month of September a new question/topic will be raised and bloggers rise to the challenge of writing about the chosen topic...said friend thought today's question related to my travel blogging which did peak my interest. As I was updating my blog last night a side bar of this very topic started to overwhelm me, it's wasn't the stress of where will I go next but how will I get the time off from work to go?  I work a regular 40 hr a week job with pretty generous vacation and holiday leave but still with must do trips like visit family, take kids to college etc., there really isn't much left for the world according to me to visit.  I have another California trip coming up and I will have blown all my leave for the rest of 2013. I actually have to make up a day because of this last trip. I know, I know, such problems to have.  So today's "Blogtember" question isn't going to be answered by a destination reveal, it's going to be pondered on with how can I really take three months off?  I could try family leave, that's 3 months, or disability but both are cheating the system, I could try maternity leave (lord, no) or I could just come here every day and work not for the sheer enjoyment of my job but for the leave I earn.  I will continue to drop hints to my bosses that prove I do not need to be in the office daily and could easily do this work from a laptop in Bali, Seychelles, Bahamas, Slovenia or wherever my stash of travel points take me but somehow they just aren't buying it. I can't even get them to understand how I do all this travel for little to nothing out of pocket which is why I write the blog I do.  So for now, until such a challenge can become reality I'll continue to give my career the 100% it deserves until 4:30 pm each day but come 4:31 pm my life truly begins living.           

No comments:

Post a Comment