Monday, September 23, 2013

Off to Napa, CA

I'm off on another points related trip of sorts: Napa, CA.  Tomorrow I depart on a United revenue ticket from IAD to SFO.  I'll earn 4,838 much needed  United miles for my South African adventure.  My round trip ticket was $250 due to the fact that my travel companion (not Diva Ridge this time) had a coupon allowing a companion to fly free so we split the cost of 1 RT between us.  Couple this with the fact that the Weston Verasa  is comping us a 2 bedroom suite for two nights due to a major incident during my stay last year and already the $$$ saved topples $1500.  In addition, we'll move to the Hyatt Andaz Napa  for two nights on a revenue stay but as a Diamond member I'll be using one of my free suite upgrades for this stay and along with free Wi-FI comes breakfast (translation: more dollars to spend on wine tasting), then finally we cap the trip off with 1 night using 38K Club Carlson points at he Radisson San Francisco Airport Bay Front before taking our direct flight home.  I'll be reviewing all these properties in later posts. I hope to also review the Hong Kong Flower Lounge Restaurant  and a few wine tasting rooms so keep checking back.

No comments:

Post a Comment