Friday, May 5, 2017

Selecting Travel Destinations

Like many I have a travel bucket list but no goals in mind for when I'll reach the destinations I listed. I set one travel goal when I started this points hobby - it was to visit all 7 continents before I turned 60.  As of this writing I have 3 continents remaining to visit: Africa, South America and Antarctica. My Africa trip is already booked for January 2018 (I'll be detailing much of that trip via this blog). South America and Antarctica will happen as a joint trip, since the jumping off point for Antarctica is at the southern most point of South America.  The timing for the Africa trip will come 4 1/2 years after my trip to Asia.  I had to visit Africa before my shots ran out.  I hate needles and to visit Phuket, Thailand I was required to acquire seven shots from Hepatitis A & B to yellow fever.  Some of the shots have a shelf life of approximately 5 years and I do not plan to repeat having them administered again. When I go to South America I want to visit Mendoza, Argentina and Patagonia therefore, no new shots are needed.  I have no desire to see the Amazon, so again, no shots required.  Basically, I did all my risky travel previously and what remains on my bucket list are places like, Asheville, NC, Palm Springs, CA, Croatia, and Greece.      

No comments:

Post a Comment