Monday, July 8, 2013

Working Hyatt Experiment - Updated Again

Turns out my experiment detailed here worked after all.  In a previous post I explained how I was hoping to take advantage of two Hyatt promotions at once based on a timing technicality.  I reported that my experiment did not work in my favor, turns out that was WRONG.  The charges I initially reviewed were "pending" when I wrote about the results of my experiment, now the charges are finalized and the purchased points with bonus have been deposited to my Hyatt.  This means I effectively purchased Hyatt points offering a point purchase bonus that was ending on June 30 and will receive credit towards an additional bonus for a required spend that wasn't to begin until July 1 simply by waiting until a few minutes before midnight on June 30. Nice.  

No comments:

Post a Comment