Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Service Report: Uber


Trip report: Uber

I wrote about the car service Uber  (read previous post here) and how to easily acquire $45 in credits to try out their service.  I put my credits to use on my recent trip to West Hollywood.  We arrived at LAX and at the last minute I decided not to rent a car.  So without any transportation I tried Uber, within 10 minutes I was sitting in a very nicely appointed current model black sedan with blacked out windows (its LA after all) enroute from LAX to West Hollywood.  The driver had bottled water ready for us, stowed our bags and we were off.  He was pleasant, sharply dressed (a suit and tie) and within an hour we pulled up to the hotel, no money was exchanged, no tip; it was inclusive for the rate.  The  ride was superb and I am so glad I had that $45 credit to use.  My out of pocket expense was $18.  Shortly after my arrival at the hotel I received an email receipt and a request to rate the driver.  It was the easiest, most unstressful airport pick up and so vey LA.

No comments:

Post a Comment