Thursday, June 13, 2013

50,000 Point Southwest credit card now available!

In my post about the Southwest Companion pass detailed here. I talk about the need for acquiring two Southwest credit cards to accumulate 100K points toward the required 110K needed to be awarded the companion pass.  At the time of the post I advised readers not to sign up for the cards since the sign on bonus was only 25K per card.  That has now changed!  The offer has been bumped up to 50K points for each of the four cards offered, two personal and two business. The link to the personal card is available simply by clicking the Southwest ad appearing on this blog (look in the margin to your right).
If the ad changes to something other than Southwest use this link.   There is a $69 dollar annual fee attached to this card and you must meet a $2000 spend in three months to gain the bonus points. The 50K bonus you earn is worth $835 in Southwest flights, far offsetting the $69 annual fee.  The offer can be pulled at any time, so don't delay.  The same scenario goes for the business card but you will be asked to provide information regarding your business to acquire the card.  Don't feel you need to be incorporated, a simple social security number will suffice.  The two other cards offered by Southwest are known as Premier cards and come with the same bonus of 50K but their annual fee is $99 per card.  Really, the only difference is a slightly higher anniversary bonus.  Southwest provides an anniversary bonus of 3K points after 1 yr of having the card if you apply for the version with the $69 annual fee.  Those going for the $99 annual fee will receive an anniversary bonus of  6K.  

Ok, so why the ad?  As I mentioned in a post last week, with relatively little marketing, word of mouth about my blog has spread and once I acquired 500 hits relevant advertisers were interested in my content.  I had planned to write about the Southwest bonus increase today when I notice a Southwest ad on my own blog (my first ad). I had planned to provide a link to the application through another means but if you get to the same destination by clicking on this blog, I say why not.  Just make sure as with any link I provide you read the fine print and take a screen shot so you can prove you were applying for the offer discussed.  I do this every time I apply for a credit card in the event of an issue with the creditor.

I plan to use my ad's link to the 50K offer to sign up my son this evening, I will let you know how that goes. He is a college student and will most likely be denied but I'm getting ahead of myself so stay tuned.  Bottom line, if you're wanting the bigger bonus or are trying for the companion pass you should sign up for the Soutwest cards now, how you do it is up to you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment