Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Anatomy of a Trip to L.A.

This past week, I have been firming up my California trip scheduled for early August. I’ll be taking the daughter to Hollywood (her request, although she doesn't actually know she is going yet).  The trip will occur shortly after my return from Thailand so I am curious how my mental and physical state will be with two long haul trips in such close proximity to one another. It will be equally painful to fly in coach to California as I still will be reeling in the afterglow of first class pampering received from my return flight on Cathay Pacific.  I know, poor me.

This Hollywood trip will include 2 round trip,direct flights on Southwest, 3 nights at the popular Hyatt Andaz, West Hollywood  and a Hertz rental car for the duration.  Total cost of trip for two so far: $288.  I expect this price to go down as departure draws near.  In the next few upcoming posts I plan to detail this trip thru a mini series of posts to explain the logistics.


The titles for the upcoming post will be:
Southwest Airlines Companion Pass
I hope you’ll continue to check back to learn how I accomplish these getaways with little financial output.

Finally, as a side note, I’d like to thank those checking out my posts as I have surpassed the 500 “hits” mark since starting this blog in early April,  perhaps 500 hits in 2 months isn’t such a huge deal to the mainstream bloggers but it is to me when you consider I haven’t advertised I am doing this on any social medium like Facebook or Twitter and I honestly have told no more than a dozen people.  So word of mouth advertising does work! As I figure out what direction I’ll take this blog you'll notice changes but my promise not to post content for the sake of a post remains true and as always, with me at the helm you never really know where this will end up.

No comments:

Post a Comment